Chemical Process Engineer
"Petron Scientech is a leader in the technology and design of industrial complexes for conversion of Ethanol into bioEthylene, bioEthylene Oxide and bioGlycols. Putting Petron in the forefront of the growing renewable plastics industry. Petron also is a leader in Maleic Anhydride technology from Butane.
Petron offers a broad range of technology and services in the market, including technology licenses, catalyst supply, basic engineering design and FEED package preparations and support /supervision of EPC and PMC and other consulting services including JV & financing options.
With over 25 years of hands-on experience, across 30+ plants around the world, Petron Scientech is recognized by its current and prospective customers as the leading, complete solution provider.” For more details, please check: www.petronscientech.com
Job Title: Chemical Process Engineer
Expected Qualification/Education: Degree in Chemical Engineering. MBA degree will be a plus.
Years of Work Experience: Overall 10+ years of work experience in core design engineering, either in Chemical Process Engineering, Civil Construction & Equipment Erection or Electrical/Piping/Controls engineering aspects of large chemical complex projects.
Primary Job Location: Pune, India
Project Duration: Full time employment with base in India and travel/stay in USA and job sites.
Reports To: Project Manager
Job Schedule: Full Time
Targeted Skills & Competencies:
- Must have experience in CHEMCAD, ASPE & other Simulation softwares
- 3-5 years of experience in Automation/DCS/PLC projects in chemical/petrochemical/ refinery or plant.
- Strong knowledge & experience in Ethylene, Ethylene Oxide, Mono-Ethylene Glycol industry.
- Must be competent with major Business Softwares.
- Communicate with diverse groups of people with the ability to analyze and solve problems in an empowered, self-directed/managed work environment.
- Recognize and drive process improvement opportunities as well as effectively communicate and implement change.
- Excellent English communication skills (written & verbal).
- Must have good persuasion & negotiation skills to manage contracts & EPCs (Engineering, Procurement & Construction) contractors.
The Position is responsible for/Expected Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide process chemical; engineering support for various plant capital projects from conception through start-up. Provide value adding technical solutions and/or implementation of most effective technology to project teams according to the units/teams objectives and goals.
- Prepare Simulations in ASPEN or HYSIS to aid in process design. Prepare Scope of Work for new capital projects. Prepare, participate, and follow-up Process Hazard Analysis/Level of Protection Analysis (PHA/LOPA).
- Share in the PHA recommendation assignments. Prepare information for management of change requirements. Assist in developing new and updating P&ID\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s, TAP tasks, Site Standards (procedures), and heat and material balances.
- Write and review res Standard Operating Procedures related to assigned projects. Provide technical oversight & assistance in the plant/ onsite for day to day operations. Work with Operations to improve safety, yield, productivity and uptime.
- Recognize when process is not in control, and understand the steps needed to address. Identify and implement solutions to manufacturing issues related to technology. Provide assistance in PSM areas (Process Technology, PHA, Management of Change-Technology) Lead manufacturing technology and productivity related improvements for the unit(s) Develop and apply knowledge for control of energy, equipment check-out, process commissioning, troubleshooting of unusual problems.
- Participate in and execute activities related to small or large capital projects (including commissioning, de-commissioning, start-up, shut down, etc.) Understand and conduct cost benefit analysis for various projects and initiatives.
- Assess quality, robustness, capability of the process and make decisions accordingly. Provide analysis, give instruction, plan, and compile information. Resolve system process problems. Ensure all activities are done in a manner that respects safety and the environment and/or meets quality objective.
- Responsibility for process and technology development at ethylene plant. Initiate and lead continuous process improvements. Lead and drive HSEE&S (Health, Safety, Environment, Energy & Security) activities such as risk analyzes, hazard studies, root cause analysis, and management of change.
Travel: Domestic or International will be in the 10-20% range
Compensation: As per Industry Standards
- Competitive salaries & comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable bonus program that rewards team & individual performance while sharing success across the company.
- On-going career-growth opportunities within a diverse, inclusive & rewarding work environment.
- Career experiences that can span different Petron businesses & functions with opportunities for personal & professional growth.
- The chance to work within a global company & interact with professionals from around the world.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination & ignite your passion to achieve key Objectives. Petron Scientech is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Note: Please send your resume/CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org Please do NOT apply with the -Apply Now- button located above, it is currently under maintenance.