Petron Scientech is a leader in the technology and design of industrial complexes for conversion of Ethanol into bioEthylene, bioEthylene Oxide and bioGlycols. Putting Petron in the forefront of the growing renewable plastics industry. Petron also is a leader in Maleic Anhydride technology from Butane.
Petron offers a broad range of technology and services in the market, including technology licenses, catalyst supply, basic engineering design and FEED package preparations and support/supervision of EPC and PMC and other consulting services including JV & financing options.
With over 25 years of hands-on experience, across 30+ plants around the world, Petron Scientech is recognized by its current and prospective customers as the leading, complete solution provider.” For more details, please check: www.petronscientech.com
We are looking for experienced team of project managers who have demonstrable management capabilities in developing multiple, complex, large-scale chemical plant projects. Candidates must be verse in the latest project management methodologies and tools.
Job Title: Project Manager
Expected Qualification/Education: Degree in Chemical Engineering. MBA degree will be a plus.
Years of Work Experience: Overall 15+ years of work experience in project management, engineering and consulting services, handling multiple projects at a given time. Candidate should have 5-7 years of core design engineering experience either in Chemical Process Engineering, Civil Construction & Equipment Erection or Electrical/Piping/Controls engineering aspects of large chemical complex projects.
Primary Job Location: Pune, India
Project Duration: Full time employment with base in India and travel/stay in USA and job sites.
Reports To: Managing Director and Vice president --projects
Job Schedule: Full Time
Targeted Skills & Competencies:
- Strong project management experience in chemical or petrochemical or engineering industry.
- Ability to manage the project from start to end, ability to coach, mentor, develop & discipline.
- Must have experience in major project management methodologies tools/software. (Such as Primavera etc.)
- Strong knowledge & experience in Ethylene, Ethylene Oxide, Mono-Ethylene Glycol industry.
- Excellent English communication skills (written & verbal).
- Must have good persuasion & negotiation skills to manage contracts & EPCs (Engineering, Procurement & Construction) contractors.
- Communicate with diverse groups of people with the ability to analyze and solve problems in an empowered, self-directed/managed work environment.
The Position is responsible for/Expected Role & Responsibilities:
Project Manager is accountable for project results that achieve business objective and is responsible for translating those business objectives into the project objectives. The Project Manager must understand the roles, responsibilities & contribution of functional members of the Project team & empower them to their jobs.
- Lead and set overall direction & expectations for the team members in the project. Develop the project objectives and assure project success.
- Drive the project execution & manage from start to end. Provide value adding technical solutions and/or implementation of most effective technology to project teams according to the units/teams’ objectives and goals.
- Provide engineering support for various plant capital projects from conception through start-up.
- Prepare Scope of Work for new capital projects.
- Effectively communicate within the team & the customers at plant site.
- Assist in developing new and updating P&ID\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s, TAP tasks, Site Standards (procedures), and heat and material balances. Manage greenfield projects with site feasibility and selection, site survey, EPA surveys, create DPRs
- Estimate and scope out Facilities, Utility, Water, Energy Raw Material and Finished goods shipping/storage needs of the chemical plant.
- Review standard Operating Procedures related to assigned projects.
- Provide technical oversight & assistance in the plant/onsite for day-to-day operations.
- Work with Operations to improve safety, yield, productivity and uptime. Recognize when process is not in control, and understand the steps needed to address.
- Identify and implement solutions to manufacturing issues related to technology.
- Participate in and execute activities related to small or large capital projects (including commissioning, de-commissioning, start-up, shut down, etc.)
- Understand and conduct cost benefit analysis for various projects and initiatives. Assess quality, robustness, capability of the process and make decisions accordingly.
- Provide analysis, give instruction, plan and compile information. Resolve system process problems.
- Ensure all activities are done in a manner that respects safety and the environment and/or meets quality objective.
Travel: Domestic or International will be in the 10-20% range
Compensation: As per Industry Standards
- Competitive salaries & comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable bonus program that rewards team & individual performance while sharing success across the company.
- On-going career-growth opportunities within a diverse, inclusive & rewarding work environment.
- Career experiences that can span different Petron businesses & functions with opportunities for personal & professional growth.
- The chance to work within a global company & interact with professionals from around the world.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination & ignite your passion to achieve key Objectives. Petron Scientech is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Note: Please send your resume/CV directly to email@example.com Please do NOT apply with the -Apply Now- button located above, it is currently under maintenance.