Petron Scientech is a leader in the technology and design of industrial complexes for conversion of Ethanol into Ethylene, Ethylene Oxide and Glycols. Putting Petron in the fore front of the growing renewable plastics industry. Petron also is a leader in Maleic Anhydride technology from Butane.
Petron offers a broad range of technology and services in the market, including technology licenses, catalyst supply, basic engineering design and FEED package preparations and support/supervision of EPC and PMC and other consulting services including JV & financing options.
With over 25 years of hands-on experience, across 30+ plants around the world, Petron Scientech is recognized by its current and prospective customers as the leading, complete solution provider.” For more details, please check: www.petronscientech.com
We are looking for Managing Director/General Manager to lead the business and engineering operations for Indian operations. He/She will have significant design, project execution and plant development experience, combined with sound business, and negotiating skills. Must have proven people management and organizational skills.
Job Title: Managing Director
Determine objectives, strategies, policies and programs for organization, providing overall direction and management to organization, authorizing material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs.
Expected Qualification/Education: Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering Additional management (MBA) degree will be plus.
Years of Work Experience: Overall 20+ years of work experience in reputed international engineering, consulting or operating company in chemical, petrochemicals field.
Primary Job Location: Pune, India
Targeted Skills & Competencies:
- Strong project management experience to develop complex Chemical or petroleum plants.
- Excellent leadership skills to lead, manage, drive, motivate employees & team.
- Strong experience in Engineering, Procurement & Construction Contractors (EPCs)
- Must have experience in major project management methodologies tools/software.
- Must have experience in simulation software e.g. CHEMCAD or ASPEN & others.
- Strong knowledge & experience in Ethylene, Ethylene Oxide, Mono-Ethylene Glycol industry design or operation.
- Excellent English communication skills (written & verbal).
- Must have good persuasion & negotiation skills to manage contracts & EPCs (Engineering, Procurement & Construction) contractors.
- Must be competent with major business softwares.
- Communicate with diverse groups of people with the ability to analyze and solve problems in an empowered, self-directed/managed work environment.
The Position is responsible for/Expected Role & Responsibilities:
Managing Director will be responsible to set business objectives, initiate, drive & manage a team of project, project and business development engineers to achieve company objectives. He/She must be employee oriented, understand the roles, responsibilities & contribution of functional members of the Project team & empower them to their jobs. The MD will be responsible for Indian and Global Customer Relationship Management and P&L of India office. He/She will make sure that office operations are reliable & efficient.
- Lead and set overall direction for employees in respective projects & assure success.
- Manage office operations effectively. Deal local personal issues (hiring/firing/disciple)
- Provide value adding technical solutions and/or implementation of most effective technology to project teams according to the units/team’s objectives and goals.
- Provide process chemical; engineering support for various plant capital projects from conception through start-up.
- Prepare Scope of Work for new capital projects.
- Effectively communicate within the team & the customers at plant site.
- Provide technical oversight & assistance in the plant/onsite for day to day operations.
- Work with Operations to improve safety, yield, productivity and uptime. Recognize when process is not in control, and understand the steps needed to address.
- Identify and implement solutions to manufacturing issues related to technology.
- Conduct cost benefit analysis for various projects and initiatives. Assess quality, robustness, capability of the process and make decisions accordingly.
- Provide analysis, give instructions, plan & resolve system process problems.
- Ensure all activities are done in a manner that respects safety and the environment and/or meets quality objective.
Travel: Domestic or International will be in the 20-30% range
Compensation: Attractive per Industry Standards
- Competitive salaries & comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team & individual performance while sharing success across the company.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive & rewarding work environment.
- Career experiences that can span different Petron businesses & functions with opportunities for personal & professional growth.
- The chance to work within a global company & interact with colleagues from around the world.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination & ignite your passion to help others.
- Petron Scientech is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Note: Please send your resume/CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org Please do NOT apply with the -Apply Now- button located above, it is currently under maintenance.